Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

OEM look splash guards or mud flaps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RodneyRiviera
Amateur

Name : Rodney Beauchamp
Merit : 2

OEM look splash guards or mud flaps Empty
PostSubject: OEM look splash guards or mud flaps   OEM look splash guards or mud flaps EmptyWed May 01, 2024 4:00 am

Hi all,

My ‘97 tends to accumulate a lot of road grime on the body and door, underneath the body moulding and quarter panel. Notice that the rear quarter also gets grubby, especially after rain.

Thinking that after a while I can see that nice shiny Bright Diamond White metallic paint turning into a mass of stone chips.

Was thinking I want to stop this by adding a suitable splash guard or mud flap front and rear. Realise that to some it won’t look pretty but I prefer to keep the paintwork looking sharp.

Did GM make a correct fitting moulded guard or flap for these Riviera's?

Did someone on this forum have a set fitted that they can comment on and perhaps photograph?

Would someone on this forum have a set in good condition (new or used) they would be happy to sell?

Cheers Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: OEM look splash guards or mud flaps   OEM look splash guards or mud flaps EmptyWed May 01, 2024 5:09 pm

Following because I'm curious what people have

RodneyRiviera likes this post

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: OEM look splash guards or mud flaps   OEM look splash guards or mud flaps EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:26 pm

Ask your buick dealer for ideas

- are mud flaps available through "Vintage Parts" (VP is a real organization that GM ships obsolete parts to)
- can any of the current accessory mud flaps fit, or be trimmed to fit
- look at https://www.ebay.com/itm/385618421088, maybe they will work
- the reason for the big plastic rocker panel covers and the rear urethane bumper skirts is so you don't have to think about this issue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM look splash guards or mud flaps   OEM look splash guards or mud flaps Empty

Back to top Go down

OEM look splash guards or mud flaps
Page 1 of 1