Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

DS Power Window Swtch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
98RivOwner

Name : 98RivOwner
Merit : 6

DS Power Window Swtch Empty
PostSubject: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Okay...my DS PW switch has gone bad: symptom: DS window stuck down..won't roll up..I have verified no power to motor when switch is activate to the up position...power is present to motor when switch is activated to the down position.

Question: I know some of you fellas have replaced these by reading the forums. The pricing I have researched so far:

OReilly's: $188.00 out the door
Autozone: $210.00 out the door
Advance: Not Available

Where did you guys buy your replacement switches?...These prices seem awful high?

I'd appreciate any responses/advice.

thx,

Mark
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:51 pm

RockAuto.com has it for 115.89 - Link

Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:09 pm

It's worth checking with Ed Morad in Cleveland. I got one from their stockpile for about $30 a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 12:04 am

FWIW, I bought a replacement from Ed, but since I then had a backup I went ahead and cut my original open and cleaned the corrosion & smeared the grease around again and it worked...
Back to top Go down
98RivOwner

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:31 am

Update:
Morad did not have switch in stock, they referred me to a southern Ohio recycler that had the switch but wanted $70...I went with RockAuto @ $121 out the door... I thought for $50 premium I'd go with new vs used. RockAuto is a Airtex/Wells brand.
Back to top Go down
98RivOwner

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:42 pm

I installed the RockAuto switch today...curiosly the new switch looked exactly like the old one,maybe it had been replaced before..They both had ALPSJapan nolded unto the housing. Fixed the problem. Kudos to the writeup on door panel removal... it really helped me save time and possible damage occurring during removal.
https://goo.gl/photos/mJdfotVrZp8QbExSA

Last edited by 98RivOwner on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Yeah, that's who made the switches for the factory. Maybe that's why they burn out, while my '69 Wildcat switches all still work... jump

Now you can take your old one apart and see what happens to 'em (and make yourself a spare.)
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:06 pm

98RivOwner wrote:
Update:
Morad did not have switch in stock,

The last time I emailed Ed Morad, they didn't have the part and said they didn't get Rivs in often anymore. Rivs are disappearing fast.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Jack the R wrote:

The last time I emailed Ed Morad, they didn't have the part and said they didn't get Rivs in often anymore.  

Rivs are disappearing fast.

pale no sad nervous puke
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 1:36 pm

FWD killed it. If the Riviera had been built on the Camaro platform instead of the STS, it would be legendary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS Power Window Swtch   DS Power Window Swtch Empty

Back to top Go down

DS Power Window Swtch
Page 1 of 1